SVP, Director of Operations
The Director of Operations is responsible for the overall day to day management of Loan and Deposit Operations, the planning, organizing, communication and successful execution of processes for Loan and Deposit activities in compliance with applicable laws, regulatory and investor guidelines. This position manages production and associate development across multiple environments focusing on optimization and increasing efficiency to support the Company’s growth. The loan associates will support funding, booking, servicing and collateral management for Consumer, Commercial, Construction and SBA and Specialty Lending. In addition the position will lead the management and coordinating of all aspects of Deposit Operations which includes Cash Management Operations, Electronic Payments, Domestic and International Wire Transfer, Item Processing, and Digital Channels (Business and Consumer online banking operations, mobile and card/ATM) services. The Director shall set the strategic direction building out and maintaining a multi-year strategic roadmap that identifies process enhancements related to human resource utilization, operational processes and technology. The Director of Operations will create and maintain an environment in which all managers and associates are encouraged to be leaders who embrace the responsibility and the accountability for superior customer service, process improvement and effective expense management. The Director of Operations plans, develops, establishes, and controls budget functions for the operations department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA desired.
- 15+ years’ experience in both Deposit and Loan Operations
- Significant experience in financial services with an understanding of industry technology
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Knowledge of project management fundamentals
- Ability to build and cultivate a strong authentic relationship inside and outside the bank
- A track record of shaping strategy and leading execution for complex, disparate operational functions
- Experience with Jack Henry & Associate Silverlake system a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment as a role player and organizational leader
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude & curiosity about data driven decision making process
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; able to communicate with and present to all levels of the organization
- High degree of attention to and ability to multi-task
- Excellent computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel expertise is a must)
- Develop and implement the execution of strategic operational policies and tactical procedures to promote the organization of loan operations. Serves as subject matter expert on Loan Operation activities throughout the organization. Manage the planning, testing and process relating to bank acquisitions and conversions.
- Drives value for the bank by improving service delivery, enhanced customer experience, managing complexity and change, assessing risk, balancing strategy and execution with the desired level of business performance. Provides management oversight of 3rd party vendors and service providers.
- Oversees the departments supervision of day to day operations for loan processing including, funding, booking, collateral control, imaging, lien perfection, file retention, exception processing, monetary and non-monetary maintenance, quality control, procedures, training, communications, projects, government reporting, escrow, and insurance. Ensures cost effectiveness of all processes.
- Provides guidance to Loan Operations fostering an environment encouraging associate participation, teamwork and communication. Develop in internal and external training to maintain knowledge of Bank product and key performance indicators.
- Collaborate with internal business partners on projects, priorities and strategies. Recommend improvements and takes necessary actions to make updates to policies, procedures and technological tools to ensure an effective and competitive operating environment.
- Manage all aspects to, support, implementation and strategic initiatives for Cash Management and Electronic payments including continuous product and service growth and refinement. Manage the support efforts to the Business Lines and Branches as a technical support resource.
- Manage Digital Channels operations, vendor management, application support, strategic and growth objectives for the bank including consumer and business online banking, consumer and business mobile applications, card services, and the operational aspects of ATM’s.
- Manage all aspects of Deposit Operations activities relating to Deposit Services and Deposit Control which includes: ACH, Check and Item Processing, Wires, eBanking, Escrow Services, Government Banking Operations, Overdraft Programs, TIN Certification Process, IRA Operations, Escheatment, Statement rendering, Garnishments, Account Maintenance and year end processing.
- Managing deposit and credit related core systems, parameters including product changes that require customer notification.
- Manage all Deposit Operations activities for bank acquisition conversions which include operational planning, testing, process and operational staffing analysis and post conversion integration.
- Oversite and direction of the supervisory responsibilities for deposit and loan operations in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring; planning, assigning and directing work; performance management; associate compensation; approving expense reports; addressing concerns and resolving problems.
- Leads and maintains a strong relationship with staff to ensure the delivery of professional customer service to all customers.
- Effectively establish and communicate the Bank’s corporate and operational goals to staff members, gain commitment and establish plan of action for goal attainment. Provide coaching, recognition, motivation and skill development to staff members on a consistent basis. Effectively allocate job responsibilities amongst staff members, to insure all target areas are being maintained to maximize productivity. Ensure proper controls and reporting are in place to deliver on targeted productivity and quality control SLA requirements
- Measures effectiveness and performance of processes and employees
- Develop resources to improve efficiency and productivity
- Communicates with other divisions and management as part of the management team in order to integrate objectives and activities
- Engage with the Board on appropriate matters through Board and Committee meetings. Present operational results at Board meetings and calls as required.
- Abides by and has a strong knowledge of laws, including applicable federal, state and local regulations in addition to bank policies and procedures including but not limited to the Code of Ethics, Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering Act, Privacy Act, Regulations Q& X, record management and ensures staffs understanding of same.
- Ensure compliance with all federal (FFIEC guidelines and Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Section 404) and state regulations
- Responsible for responding to audit exceptions. Ensures appropriate mitigants are in place to minimize repeat exceptions.
- Demonstrate and promote Meridian Bank’s Core Values: Our Partners, Our People, Our Bank and Our Communities
- Cooperate with, participate in, and support the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank’s compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
- Creates an environment in which upward communication from employees is encouraged
- Provides periodic reports to the Chief Information Officer and Chief Executive Officer and other groups, committees or employees as required throughout the organization
- Exemplifies and promotes Meridian Bank’s Core Values (Our Partners, Our People, Our Bank and Our Communities) and aligns the division’s goals and objectives with these values
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Internal/external customer service skills
- Leadership skills
- Consistently visible and demonstrates leadership competencies
- Managing upward
- Strong organizational, project management and time management skills
- Ability to define problems and propose solutions
- High degree of attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Relationship management skills and ability to interface confidently with associates of all levels, including senior executives, business unit and department heads
- Continual Process Improvement
- Strategic Thinking
- Exemplifies Meridian’s Core Values
- Jack Henry
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the necessary functions. This is a largely sedentary role, requiring the use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop and cell phone. Most work is completed in an office environment.
- Work environment: The noise level in this environment is minimal.
- Location: Various Meridian Bank locations as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Statement
- Meridian Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Annual review