Senior Credit Officer
Meridian Bank is looking for an experienced Senior Credit Officer at our Malvern, PA headquarters. This is an onsite position; not hybrid or work from home. We are a locally owned and operated financial institution committed to offering the best in customer service, financial products, and services.
The Senior Credit Officer is responsible for developing credit guidelines and policies, credit underwriting, credit approval and collection processes, credit monitoring practices, and providing direction to the credit team to ensure overall quality of the Bank’s loan portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree a plus
- 15 + years of commercial banking experience in credit administration, analysis, and risk mitigation with direct credit approval and supervisory experience in commercial real-estate, construction, and commercial and industrial lending.
- 15+ years of progressive leadership experience.
- Identifies and develops long term strategies to manage credit risk which includes portfolio mix, growth strategies and market penetration objectives
- Advises management on the appropriate credit risk appetite based on current market data analytics including general macro-economic outlook and sector specific risks and opportunities
- Develops credit policies and procedures to comply with regulatory requirements and consistent with the Bank’s risk appetite and strategic goals
- Measures and manages the aggregate risk in the Bank’s loan portfolio
- Provides guidance to credit team on matters including credit analysis, due diligence of potential loans, evaluation of financial statements and credit information, and collection of overdue loans
- Governs and enforces underwriting standards
- Reviews lending results to ensure that credit policies and practices are followed
- Manages, monitors, and reports on loan concentrations
- Manages credit underwriting pipeline
- Presents credit recommendation for approving bodies
- Manages work-out of problem credits, recommending appropriate strategies to management and the Board
- Ensures that loan documentation, systems and procedures are consistent with the Bank’s standards and are appropriate for all regulatory requirements Utilizes the latest bank tools and technology to drive efficiency and productivity
- Promotes collaboration by credit team on technology enhancements and process improvements Represents the Bank on asset quality exams and internal and external audits
- Maintains a current knowledge of all laws and regulatory requirements affective the lending process
- Acts as a member of various Bank committees including Director Loan Committee, Officers Loan Committee, Risk Management Committee, and Asset Liability Committee
- As a member of the executive team, assists in achieving long term profitability, growth and strategic objectives
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Timely and regular attendance
- Completes work in a timely manner
- Actively seeks coaching
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the necessary functions. This is a largely sedentary role, requiring the use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop and cell phone. Most work is completed in an office environment.
- Work environment: The noise level in this environment is minimal
- Location: Various Meridian Bank locations as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Statement
- Meridian Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Annual review