Merchant Services Sales Representative
The merchant services sales representative will provide expertise and a clear understanding of characteristics of high quality merchant services prospects in order to develop, acquire, and service relationships. The ideal candidate will maintain a high level of awareness and understanding of existing and new payment processing technologies as well as industry, Bank, and client changes and trends.
- Utilize knowledge of merchant processing including pricing, association requirements, and risk.
- Experience with software platforms including integrated payment gateways, ecommerce processing/technology, point of sale software/terminals, and alternative payment solutions a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, etc.)
- High degree of attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Valid Driver’s License
- Become an account expert in the merchant services products and solutions offered.
- Review merchant processing needs, recommend viable solutions and drive portfolio growth through new merchant acquisitions.
- Prospect and develop lead sources and referral relationships.
- Participate in the implementation process for new merchants.
- Demonstrates and promotes Meridian Bank’s Core Values: Our Partners, Our People, Our Bank and Our Communities
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other employees within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information
- Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place
- Communicates with management and coworkers in order to integrate goals and activities
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank’s compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Timely and regular attendance
- Completes work in a timely manner
- Actively seeks coaching
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the necessary functions. This is a largely sedentary role, requiring the use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop and cell phone. Most work is completed in an office environment.
- Work environment: The noise level in this environment is minimal
- Location: Various Meridian Bank locations as assigned
Equal Opportunity Statement
- Meridian Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Annual review