Floating Sales and Service Representative
We are looking for a full-time Floating Sales and Service Representative with a home base of Media, PA to learn the policies, procedures, and unique customers of each retail bank branch and assist in covering any of our branch locations as necessary. Flexibility with travel is a requirement for the floating position as locations can change day to day. Branch locations: Media, West Chester, Doylestown, Philadelphia, Paoli and Blue Bell.
Responsible for performing various duties to support the Media Retail Branch; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; complying with operating policies and procedures established for this position. Reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information. Assists in the day-day operations of the branch with a sales focus on deposit growth in local territory and develops /helps to manage an account portfolio while delivering excellent customer service.
- Associate’s degree in Finance or related field; or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years related banking experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel to various branch locations as needed
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Previous sales and customer service experience in a retail banking environment
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, etc.)
- High degree of attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Prior cash handling experience
- Ability to work all hours the branch is open
- Provides exceptional customer service by promptly resolving customer issues, responding to questions, and creatively solving problems
- Participates in sales campaigns with energy and focus to achieve goals while maintaining quality standards
- Engages in outbound calling efforts to establish new business
- Meets with and calls prospects/customers and develops an understanding of other financial goals and needs; assesses information and suggests appropriate product and service solutions; educates the prospect/customer on the benefits and value of suggested solutions resulting in closed sales
- Demonstrates strong product knowledge and cross-selling aptitude
- Processes customer transactions efficiently and accurately, while following policies and procedures. Transactions include but not limited to cashing checks, opening new accounts, accepting loan payments, verifying currency, completing withdrawals, resolving customer issues, and issuing of bank checks
- Has a working knowledge of all compliance regulations and bank policies and procedures
- Must be capable of developing relationships with customers/prospects and be creative in solving problems
- Participates in community events in conjunction with Bank sponsorships, marketing, and networking
- Demonstrates and promotes Meridian Bank’s Core Values: Our Partners, Our People, Our Bank and Our Communities
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other employees within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information
- Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place
- Communicates with management and coworkers in order to integrate goals and activities
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank’s compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Timely and regular attendance
- Completes work in a timely manner
- Actively seek coaching
- Jack Henry
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the necessary functions. This is a largely sedentary role, requiring the use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop and cell phone. Most work is completed in an office environment.
- Work environment: The noise level in this environment is minimal
- Location: Various Meridian Bank locations as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Statement
- Meridian Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Annual review