Document Indexing & Scanning Administrator
Position summary: This position has the responsibility for the indexing and scanning of various commercial loan documents to the Bank’s imaging platform; complying with operating policies and procedures established for this position. The incumbent will be responsible for the timely workflow of document scanning. The responsibilities include the uploading and/or scanning of commercial loan documents, ensuring the quality of the image, indexing the documents to the appropriate sections within the imaging platform and to make certain an accurate description is associated with the document. The incumbent will provide monthly reporting as required; report pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
- Associates Degree preferred – High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Minimum of one year experience in a quality control and recordkeeping position.
- Banking experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivator and good problem solving skills.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Communicates clearly and professionally.
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate a friendly, positive attitude.
- Daily processing of Commercial loan documents to include:
- Preparing documents to be scanned by removing any staples, paper clips and identifying poor quality original documents prior to scanning
- Timely scanning/uploading and indexing of various document types
- Review for clarity and ensure all pages have been captured
- Validate the quality of the image and description
- Process the handling of original documents for destruction and / or storage in accordance with the approved listing of documents that can be destroyed after quality control of the image. File all retained documents in the Bank’s file room.
- Assist with the retrieval of loan documents in preparation for internal and external audits.
- Responsibility for ensuring the file room is neat and orderly at all times.
- Complete monthly reporting of the number of manual scan documents and number of documents and pages by Department.
- Demonstrates and promotes Meridian Bank’s Core Values: Our Partners, Our People, Our Bank and Our Communities
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other employees within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information
- Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place
- Communicates with management and coworkers in order to integrate goals and activities
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank’s compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills in record keeping and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Timely and regular attendance
- Completes work in a timely manner
- Jack Henry & Associate Applications
- Synergy, Silverlake and Loan Vantage
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the necessary functions. This is a largely sedentary role, requiring the use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop and cell phone. Most work is completed in an office environment.
- Work environment: The noise level in this environment is minimal.
- Location: Various Meridian Bank locations as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Statement
- Meridian Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Annual review