Business Development Account Executive
Responsible for originating vendor referral relationships by soliciting essential use equipment resellers with in the guidelines of Meridian Equipment Finance and coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; complying with operating policies and procedures established for this position. Reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, etc.)
- High degree of attention to detail and ability to multitask
- 1 to 5 years of equipment financing experience and/or related selling experience
- Organizes and implements sales campaigns to increase vendor referral business. Campaigns to consist of emails, phone calls, customer visits as needed and attendance at industry trade shows and conferences
- Assists other departments of MEF on a temporary basis as needed for peak hours.
- Responsible for identifying and soliciting manufactures, dealers, distributors and Independent equipment resellers and establishing referral relationships
- Ability to uncover customer needs, develop equipment financing solutions and successfully implement through the referring relationship
- Assists in identifying vendor referral targets
- Ability to calculate interest rates and apply basic concepts of finance
- Demonstrates and promotes Meridian Bank’s Core Values: Our Partners, Our People, Our Bank and Our Communities
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other employees within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information
- Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place
- Communicates with management and coworkers in order to integrate goals and activities
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank’s compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Timely and regular attendance
- Completes work in a timely manner
- Actively seeks coaching
- Meridian Equipment Finance core application system
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the necessary functions. This is a largely sedentary role, requiring the use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop and cell phone. Most work is completed in an office environment. Some travel required to attend trade shows and for customer visits.
- Work environment: The noise level in this environment is minimal
- Location: Various Meridian location(s) as assigned including but not limited to the following job-related travel requirements: Customer/Client locations, work events, charity events, loan closings and site visits, etc.
Equal Opportunity Statement
- Meridian Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Annual review